This was the first time I had been approached from a member of the public to design something for them. This proved a good experience as I had not communicated as a professional before therefore it gave me the perfect opportunity to act as creative and address the client in a professional manner. Lindsey had spotted a design I had made in second year of uni on a website I created back in September, this was when she contacted me to ask for a print. I gave her the option to pay via paypal and offered a variety of sizes for the prints, this was useful as Lindsey did not know the measurements I had gave her (A4, A3, A2, A1) and me forgetting that I'm a designer who's been conditioned to know these dimensions gave Lindsey more understandable measurements for her to choose from. The process I chose to do was screen printing, I felt this would give the design a more hand crafted feel and giving Lindsey the best quality she could get for her money, it also reduced the cost of me making the brief so there was more profit to be made.

One concern I had was I did not realise the client was from America. I had included the p&p with the print which caused concern when I researched into the prices to send a package to America, this was solved however as I contact Lindsey and explained the situation, she was a very understanding person and wanted to help me as much as possible.



The print screen printed and ready to send!



Lindsey eventually got her print which I am pleased that it got there in one piece.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

About

Search This Blog