After receiving feedback on my business cards I was made aware that my logo did not necessarily communicate my name or look look a pencil like it was intended. I then experimented with different lines and colours until the logo was more successful. 

Although the logo resembles a pencil rather than my name, I think it's stronger than the previous logo. With that in mind I want to continue develop the logo until I am satisfied, so far the 'v' and 'a' are clearly visable however, the 'e' is gets slightly lost as the extended crossbar touches the bottom of the 'v' making it look like a 'y'. This can be used for now but will be developed in the near future. A the pencil represents myself as a designer, I felt the colours needed to communicate my physical appearance, therefore I simply went for yellow to reflect my hair and green as I have green eyes.


This is the CV I have made to reach other creatives and agencies. The layout is very clean and minimal yet communicates the information clear and effectively. As my portfolio will be showcasing my work and what I do I felt that my CV needed a sense of formality. However, this will be a continued work in progress and will still need developing before reaching out to the industry, I feel it lacks character and is not exciting enough to keep the viewer interested. 


These are the business cards I had developed further. Due to an error one of the lines is missing on the back of the business cards however, these are still a work in progress as I do not feel they are exciting or engaging enough for the viewer. The same yellow and dark grey theme applies throughout and I tried to duplex the business cards myself to bring substance and detail to the cards. Trying different colours such as green, yellow and black all achieved different affects. The most successful however was the yellow duplex as it went with the yellow pencil a lot better and did not stand out too much.




Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

About

Search This Blog